DO YOU WANT TO MASTER THE HAPPY DRUM?
If you want to learn how to play not just random sounds but a beautiful music using tongue drums, this course is for you.
Our course is mainly designed for people with no musical background, but who wish to get to know music a little closer.
About the teacher:
Sergei Zharovskii is a multi-instrumentalist, an improviser, and a glucophone teacher since 2017.
He has been teaching guitar since 2008.
He is a Yoga instructor who took part in numerous festivals: Vedalife (Kiev), Avatar Yogafest (Odessa), etc.
Sergei has collaborated with many ethnic and rock musicians, as well as dancers and actors, and performed in over 100 concerts.
The course’s features:
- we don’t learn notes
- 95% of our students have no musical background
- you immediately apply all the knowledge you acquire
- notes on the instrument are arranged in way to make any sound sequence melodious
- 30% theory, 70% practice
The course comprises of video lessons from 18 to 35 minutes long
7 lessons in total
Total course duration is 188 minutes — 3 hours 13 minutes
WHEN TAKING THE COURSE, YOU WILL ACQUIRE NEW KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The history of the instrument.
- Differences between instruments.
- Instrument tuning.
- How to hold the sticks correctly.
- Developing fine motor skills.
- What is rhythm and why is it needed.
- Rhythmic patterns.
- What are bars.
- Tones used in playing.
- Strong and weak beats.
- Playing techniques. Muting (staccato), slapping.
- What is the pentatonic scale.
- Skills and principles of creating a melody.
- How to play other musical instruments.
- Improvisation: theory and practice.
- How melodies affect mood.
Each lesson includes a theoretical and practical part, as well as homework.
A brief history of the instrument.
What is music?
About the pentatonic scale.
Why is it impossible to screw up when playing the instrument?
On magnets and tuning.
How to hold the sticks correctly?
About the rhythm. Why is it needed? How to feel it? How to create it? How does the rhythm affect a person?
Three-beat and four-beat rhythms.
Learning a simple 3 count melody.
Making the melody more sophisticated by adding eighth notes.
Dynamics, strong and weak beats.
Melody for strong and weak beats.
Melody with alternating leading hand (exercise to balance the hemispheres).
Producing sounds with hands: theory and practice.
Simple melodies for 2 and 4 fingers.
Combination of melodies from the 2nd and 3rd lessons.
Playing with hands.
How to create sophisticated melodies.
How to improvise using different techniques.
Improvisation with background tampura and rhythmic drums.